The Application and Interview Process
We gladly accept applications from all allopathic and osteopathic medical students. Our selection committee reviews each application.
The Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals (MCWAH) supports H-1 and J-1 VISAS.
Passport Program: You can apply for reimbursement for travel expenses incurred while visiting Wisconsin Family Medicine programs. The more programs you interview with, the greater your reimbursement - up to $1,000. For additional information, contact the Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians at (262) 512-0606 or email@example.com
The Application Process
- Apply to the Columbia St. Mary's Residency Program through ERAS.
- Applications become available for review on September 1.
- We accept applications through ERAS between September 1 and December 31 annually.
- Our interview season begins the third week of October and concludes after the third week of January annually.
- Our selection committee reviews all applications in full.
- Invitations are extended based on the completeness and quality of the application.
- Program Requirements: Everyone is welcome to apply. The selection committee strongly encourages all candidates to meet these criteria:
- Graduation from medical school within the last two years
- Six months of "hands-on" U.S. clinical experience
- Board scores of 80 or higher achieved on the first attempt USMLE &/or COMLEX
- Invitations for interviews are extended via U.S. Mail and e-mail.